Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Beginning of Something Great

So it's late April 2012, I'm spending every chance I have at Joe's house before I have to go back to Tallahassee for summer classes. I talked to him more in those 2 weeks than I did probably in 4 years. We were both a little awkward and unsure of what we were doing, but I think we both knew that this was the beginning of something great.

It's parade night. We headed to Bank of America with a group of great friends to watch one of the only exciting things in Bradenton--the Desoto Grand Parade. I was sitting next to Chelsea and she started asking me questions about my breakup. She asks me if there is something going on with a particular ex-boyfriend of mine and I immediately say, "no, there's someone else," and to my surprise she says, "is it Joe?" I get the biggest silliest grin on my face and there is no denying my answer. It probably wasn't hard for any of our friends to figure out that something was going on. We were never far a part. We sat right next to each other and followed each other around.

So it ended up pouring down rain and we hid under the drive-thru of the bank until it stopped, caught the end of the parade, and then headed back to Joe's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment