Fast forward a couple days and we had our first kiss. We were alone at his house just watching TV and talking, and it happened just like the movies. It got quiet, we both looked at each other, and he moved slowly in for a kiss. It was FANTASTIC. I swear fireworks should have been going off all around me.
May 4th was Avery's 21st birthday and we had a super fun Cinco de Mayo themed birthday celebration at Joe's house. We had mini sombreros, mustaches, and minion cupcakes made by Paige. We played twister, had a dance party and it was a genuinely good time.
I remember sitting on the kitchen counter next to Shelby, Paige, and Avery and again my face gave me away. We were talking about girlie stuff and they asked me if Joe and I had kissed and I smiled from ear to ear. They thought it was so weird because we have all been friends for so long, but at the same time they were happy for both of us.

No comments:
Post a Comment